An online shopping cart is software that allows the customer to make a list of products they want to buy. It also calculates taxes and add in the shipping and handling. It's like a shopping cart where you items in the cart and then checkout.
Even the simplest cart software offers several new features that an Internet merchant is useful. One is the storage of data, including information products, discounts and orders in a database that the software can be accessed in real time.
Shopping Cart Software
There are two components in the software basket: storefront and administration. The shop is where visitors online store and look under product information, discounts, bestsellers, etc. Much of what customers can do is based on information stored in the database software. The administration is the area that the owner of the shop approaches to management functions such as changing sheds, add or remove products or categories of publishing.
There are two main types of shopping cart software: hosted and license. Hosted solutions are usually charged on a monthly basis, while the solutions licensing charge a one time fee for the software.
Licensed Software Cart is downloaded and installed on a Web server. The advantage of this software is the owner and operator may use any server they want, as long as conditions are met. Also the source can be viewed and edited with the fact customize the application. The downside is that you are responsible for any technical problems that could be extremely expensive.
You are also responsible for the safe custody and protection of sensitive information from your customer. PCI compliance is a big deal and you are liable to prosecution by the huge comply PCI. With the overwhelming increase in fraud, hacking and phishing, it is important to have a PCI compliant solution.
What to look for in software basket
A good store will have:
1. A catalog of the store that is visually pleasing and easy to navigate.
2. A good search function makes it easy to find specific products. A good breadcrumb navigation is also good for search engines.
3. Third party integrations that help you optimize your business. Today, the online competition is fierce and cart although most of these companies can provide all the technology and those companies that can help impact your bottom line is priceless.
4. Proof of PCI compliance.
An area of good administration will:
1. A simple way to all aspects of your business, including products, graphics, inventory, shipping, payments, orders and promotions management.
2. Provision for major changes in the basket as a whole, as a model, color or images.
3. A flexible and intuitive CRM. You need a simple way to execute orders, support tickets and customer performance management.
4. An easy way to import and export all data to save.